Any fields that can be viewed by consumers should not include personal or business information. This applies to:
- Green & Public Remarks: Physical, aesthetic and eco-friendly characteristics only
- Directions: Specific directions to the property only
- Inclusions: Items included in the sale only
- Exclusions: Items not included in the sale only
You want to do everything you can to showcase your listings. That includes enticing an interested buyer into getting more information about your property, or scheduling a showing through their agent. This is one of the goals of entering listing information in TREND.
Listing Info Viewable by Consumers and Agents
The MLS is designed to let you convey the most accurate and complete information to promote your listed properties on behalf of your clients. As a result, you can enter useful information about the property that can be seen by interested buyers and agents.
Many descriptive fields can only be seen by other members; however, a few – including Public and Green Remarks as well as Inclusions and Exclusions – are visible to consumers on MLS client reports, IDX websites and consumer sites such as REALTOR.com®.
Don’t Market Yourself in Public Remarks, Market Your Listing
Because some fields are visible to consumers, there are rules about what information is acceptable to include there:
- You can’t enter any information that is directed toward other agents in public fields, including compensation or bonuses.
- Your name, phone number and e-mail address can’t appear in these fields.
- Interested buyers should not have the ability to make direct contact with you, as the listing agent.
- For a complete list of guidelines, read our Policy on Remarks in Free Form Fields.
Instead, use Public Remarks to:
If It Doesn’t Market the Property, Leave It Out
A good rule of thumb to follow is any information that does not directly relate to the marketing, description, condition or features of the property should not be entered in Public Remarks or other public fields.
TREND monitors the content of these fields for this information and removes it. If you discover a listing that has personal marketing information in Public Remarks, please use the Accuracy Link
to let us know.