Why am I being timed out of the MLS?
Help Topic 2918
I'm getting kicked out of the MLS while I'm entering a listing.
There are numerous reasons why you may be kicked or timed out of MLS Blue. We give you each reason and then explain the solution in the following section.
- MLS Blue has a 90 minute session time. If there has been no activity for 90 minutes, you will be logged out of the system. You will see the message "As a security measure, we ended your TREND session after extended inactivity. When you're ready to access TREND, simply log in again."
- Using the "Back" button in your web browser.
- "Double-clicking" on a link. (This just means that you click the same link more than once before the page has a chance to load.)
- You are logged into the system and another person logs on with the same account information.
- Whenever the system detects activity, the timer will be reset. For example, clicking "Save and Continue" will not only save your work, but reset the session time.
Ten minutes before a session times out, a pop-up window will appear, alerting you to your inactivity. Click Continue to reset your session time.
If this warning message does not appear, you most likely have a pop-up blocker turned on. Adding TREND to your allowed pop-up sites will enable those warning pop-ups to appear.
- The best solution is to use TREND icons to maneuver through the website.
- Try to avoid clicking on the same link twice.