Section 1. Listing Procedures
Help Topic 7448
Listings of real or personal property, which are listed subject to a real estate broker’s license, and which are located within the respective primary service area of TREND and taken by Participants on listing contracts acceptable to TREND12 shall be electronically input or delivered to TREND within three (3) business days, unless precluded by law, after all necessary signatures of Seller(s) have been obtained and the listing term has begun.
- TREND shall not require a Participant to execute listings of property on a contract other than the contract the Participant individually chooses to utilize provided it is of a type accepted by TREND. However, TREND, through its legal counsel may:
- reserve the right to refuse to accept a listing of property on a contract which fails to adequately protect the interests of the public and the Participants.
- assure that no contract for a listing of property filed with TREND establishes, directly or indirectly, any contractual relationship between TREND and the client (Buyer or Seller).
- TREND shall accept Exclusive Right to Sell Listing Contracts and Exclusive Agency Listing Contracts, and may accept other forms of listing contracts which make it possible for the listing Participant to offer compensation to the other Participants of TREND acting as subagents, and/or buyer agents, and/or transaction licensees.13
- The listing contract must include the Seller’s authorization to submit the agreement to TREND.
- TREND shall not regulate the type of listings its Participants may take. This does not mean that TREND must accept every type of listing. TREND shall decline to accept open listings14 and net listings and it may limit its service to listings of certain kinds of property. But if it chooses to limit the kind of listings it will accept, it shall leave its Participants free to accept such listings to be handled outside TREND. (modified 2/2007)