Help Topic 8048
Participants may provide IDX information to their respective real estate franchise organizations ("franchisors") to be indexed for display on such franchisors’ websites, subject to the following requirements and limitations. Failure of a franchisor to comply with the following requirements and limitations can, at the discretion of the MLS, result in suspension or termination of the participant’s(s’) authority to provide IDX information to the franchisor.
- Initial search results that provide minimal information (e.g., "thumbnails") are exempt from MLS-required disclosures (e.g., listing firm, listing agent, source of information, notice that information is deemed reliable but is not guaranteed accurate) provided that a direct link to a detailed ("full view") display that includes all required disclosures is provided.
- Consumers can link directly to a detailed ("full view") display that complies with disclosure/display rules of the source MLS.
- IDX information cannot be used for any unauthorized purpose.
- Inaccurate or incomplete information related to any listing must be promptly corrected by the franchisor at the request of the source MLS.
- No advertising may appear on pages displaying IDX information.
- IDX listing information cannot be modified, manipulated, or permanently retained. (Adopted 04/11)
Note: For purposes of this policy, "real estate franchisor" is defined as a company granting real estate brokerage franchises under the franchisor’s trademarks pursuant to a franchise disclosure document meeting applicable Federal Trade Commission rules.