Searching for Public Records in Public Records
Help Topic 2118
Public Records provides public record tax data to TREND members. There are numerous searches you can perform and functions available to find data.
You can perform the following property searches in Public Records:
- Search (standard search): After selecting a county, you can choose your search criteria. There are many fields which can be searched, including a "Property Class" option to find properties. The "Property Class" field defaults to "Residential." You can also search "All Property Class." Please be sure to select the correct Property Class criteria when performing a search to increase your number of results. Additional fields exist that are customized to each county.
- Street(s)/Address search: This is the default search. Search for properties by house number and street name. After selecting a county to search you can enter up to 10 different addresses to search at a time. Search for a specific address, a range of addresses or an entire street. Dir stands for direction. Enter a direction, if appropriate, to the address. For example, N for North, SE for Southeast, etc. This field is NOT required. It is also not required to enter street, lane, drive, road or any abbreviation for such in the street name field. It is recommended that you avoid doing so as abbreviations may vary from area to area within the public records data.
- Owner Name: Find properties by entering an owner name or corporation name. After selecting a county to search, you can enter up to 10 names to search at a time. You can perform a "Wild Card" search by entering part of the owner name such as the first three letters. To search an exact name, add a check in the box next to the Corporation or Owner Name you are searching by clicking in the box. You can also search by Municipality or Zip Code.
- Owner Phone: Find a property by entering a phone number. After selecting a county, enter the phone number. You can include spaces, dashes or neither. When a phone number is on the Do Not Call list and properties matching that phone number are found, the property information will be displayed. The actual owner phone number will be suppressed and the Do Not Call field will continue to display No Call. One phone number can be searched at a time.
- Tax ID: After selecting a county, you can find properties by Tax ID or Municipality. You can search up to 10 at a time. The tax ID search is not format sensitive. It will not matter if you enter the number with dashes or decimal points or as one long number. You can also search using a partial ID number, however, you must enter all leading digits including zeros. You may also enter a Map, Block, Lot or QualCode number, depending on the county you are searching after selecting a municipality.
Click the appropriate button
- Save Criteria: Click on this button to Save your search criteria.
- Export: Clicking this button will take you to the Export Wizard. (link to export help doc here)
- Clear: Clicking this button will delete any criteria you have entered into the fields.
- Last Search: This button re-enters the criteria you last entered, even if you cleared it.
- Count: This button will give you the number of results that match your entered search criteria.
- Search: Click this button to retrieve a list of properties that match your search criteria.
Other functions include:
- Saved Results: View your saved listings for easy retrieval later. You can save a maximum of 1000 listings per result set.
- Saved Criteria: View saved search criteria.
- Export Results: You can perform up to 5000 exports a month. You can look up how many exports you've done and how many remaining exports you have that month and see the exports that are being prepared, the exports you performed that month and previous exports.
- Resources: From the Resources page you can access the Coding Accuracy Support System or "CASS REPORTS" to certify your mailings and receive postage discounts and the County Information Center to view when the data for each county was last updated in Public Records. To read TREND License Agreement click on "View License Agreement."