Comparable Property Search in Public Records
Help Topic 2138
Comparable Properties map available in Public Records
The Comparable Property Search enables you to efficiently locate and compare public record information for other properties with similar features within a specified radius.
Perform a search:
- Perform any type of search in Public Records.
- Once results have been returned, click the "Comparable Props" button under the property you wish to perform your search for. You can also click the "Property Details" button and then the "Comparable Props" button found under "Navigation."
Choose Your Comparable Criteria
Replace, add or delete a photo or use the most recent MLS photo.
- If available, the most recent MLS photo will display.
- To have no photo, click "Delete Photo." The space will be replaced with a "No Photo Available" image.
- To replace the subject property photo, click the green "Replace Photo" button and follow the instructions on the photo upload wizard.
In this section, specify your comparable criteria:
- Radius in miles from Subject Property: Choose to search from .10 of a mile to up to 10 miles from your subject property.
- Recording Date or Settlement Date: Choose to search by Recording Date or by Settlement Date within 6, 12, 18 or 24 months. Clicking on the number and months will auto-fill the "From" and "To" fields. The dates are based on the dates of the last Recording Date from the County Recorder's Office. For the Recording Dates for each county, view the County Information Center.
- Matching Properties Sorted By: Choose to sort and view your comp report search results alphabetically by address, the most recent recording date, distance from nearest to furthest, and sale price least to greatest. The default sort is by "Distance."
- Maximum Number of Results: Choose to view either 12, 24 or 48 records per page at a time.
- Condominiums: Choose to include or exclude condominiums or to search only condos. This option defaults to "Excluded."
You can choose to include various Comparables, Public Records and MLS Reports with your search. Choose which report/s you wish to include by clicking in the box.
Choose from the following optional criteria to narrow down your search or to search for particular characteristics. (Optional fields may vary for different properties)
- Property Class
- Year Built
- Partial Baths
- Land Use
- Total Units
- Res Type
- Res Design
- Res Style
- Basement Type
- Garage Type
- Annual Tax
- Total Asmt.
- Geography (You can choose to contain your search in the same Zip Code, Municipality, School District, Census Block/Group or Neighborhood)
- Building Square Feet (defaults to 10% which can be changed)
- Lot Size (defaults to 10% which can be changed)
Click the Appropriate Button
- Subject Property: Click this button to return to your Public Records Results
- Save Criteria: Click this button to save your Comparable Search Criteria.
- Export: Click this button to Export the Comparable Properties using the Export Wizard.
- Clear: Click this button to clear your search criteria.
- Count: Click this button to find out the number of matching records.
- Search: Click this button to perform your search.
Comp. Report Results
After clicking search, you will be directed to the Comp Report Results page. This page shows the address of your Subject Property and a list of the comparable properties along with Summary information. Tag the records you wish to use in the Comp Report then click the appropriate button:
- Revise Search: Click on this button to go back and change your search criteria.
- Export Tagged: Click on this button to access the Export Wizard to create labels and view the status of your exports.
- Save Tagged: Save the results that you select.
- Email Report: Click this button to email your comp report.
- Generate Report: Click this button to create your comp report. If you do not tag any records, the report defaults to show the top 24 closest properties.
Comparable Report Page
Click the appropriate button:
- Revise Search: Click this button to return to the Comparable Criteria page.
- Cancel: Click this button to return to the Comp Report Results page.
- Print Report: Click this button to print your reports.
- View Tagged: You can remove results you don't wish to include by clicking in the box and removing the check mark (or untagging) the result. Once you have done this, click the View Tagged button to refresh the page and view only your selected results.
- View All: You can remove results you don't wish to include by clicking in the box and removing the check mark (or untagging) the result. Once you have done this, click the View All button to refresh the page and view only your selected results.