Add agreement of sale information
Help Topic 4650
TREND rules require that listings which no longer meet the criteria of Active must, within three (3) business days, change the status from Active to the applicable status or contingency. Depending on the instructions the seller has given the listing broker, the status of the listing must be changed to either Active with Contingency or Pending. See TREND's Rules and Regulations Section 1.4.
- Click the MLS tab.
- Conduct an MLS search for your listing. Click the Pencil under the listing you want to edit. (If you conduct an MLS search, skip to step 6.)
- Hover over Listing Management and click Edit Published Listings.
- Search for the published listing you want to edit.
- In the Search Results section, find the appropriate listing.
- From the Action drop-down menu, select Update Listing Status.
- Click Go.
- From the Update Listing To drop down menu, select Add Agreement of Sale Information.
- Enter the information.
(All fields with a yellow background are required)
- Depending on the answers you select, your listing will be put into the correct status.
- Click the Save All and Exit button.
- The Status Change pop-up window will appear letting you know what status your listing will appear in the MLS.
- Click Confirm.
When adding agreement of sale information, your listing will be set to one of the following statuses, depending on the answers you give to the provided questions:
- Active-A: The Attorney review contingency indicator means a property is subject to the statutory three-day right of attorney review in NJ. It can also mean a property in which the statutory three-day right of attorney review in NJ has passed but the agreement of sale contains a provision which establishes an extended period of time in which at least the seller may have an attorney review and disapprove of the contract.
- Active-E: The Escape clause, also known as a Kickout clause, contingency indicator means that a provision exists in an agreement of sale granting the seller the right to terminate the agreement.
- Active-F: The First refusal (house sale) contingency indicator occurs when the agreement of sale does not require the buyer to go to settlement and purchase the property until specified conditions are met.
- Active-O: The Other contingency indicator means that a contingency exists but the contingencies in the agreement of sale contain activities other than those previously listed.
- Pending: Listings of property in which an agreement of sale is in effect, the settlement has not yet taken place, and the Participant has been instructed by the Seller to no longer set appointments for showings.